The Beyond Ex-Gay Community site.
Write out your story(ies), connect with other survivors, post photos and videos, participate in community discussions and join various groups based on your interests or the ways you attempted to change!
- The site is by ex-gay survivors, for ex-gay survivors. We're limiting membership to only ex-gay survivors, those who at one time attempted to suppress or change their sexual orientation or gender differences either on their own or with the assistance of others.
- The site gives ex-gay survivors an opportunity to connect with fellow survivors to discuss our ex-gay experiences (what we did, why we did it, the harm as well as the good that may have come of it) as well as the issues surrounding recovery from ex-gay experiences.
- The site is not to take the place of therapy or professional treatment. If you feel uncomfortable or not ready to connect with others about your ex-gay experiences, or feel you have already done this and need to move on, than this site is not for you at this time.
- This site is moderated so that it remains a safe space for ex-gay survivors and not a forum for anyone but ex-gay survivors. Harassment, preaching, shaming, etc. will not be tolerated. Honest sharing, thoughtful exchanges, funny stories, and helpful suggestions are all very welcome.
- We recognize that many of us come from religious backgrounds, some quite abusive. We seek to maintain a site that it is a safe space for religous/spiritual and non-religious/spiritual people. We endeavor to respect each individual's personal journey and not impose our own on another.
To join, please email us at bxg @ beyondexgay.com and ask for an invitation. Very briefly tell us about your ex-gay experiences (where and when, if it was on your own, that sort of thing – you don't have to write a book). That's it - and then we'll send you an invite. At that point, join and get involved in the community.
We look forward to connecting with you.
(If you're already a member of the community site, click on the image above to get to the site)